The aim of the conference is to bring together a dynamic range of engaged individuals from across the society's sectors to explore our individual and collaborative strategies as we seek a sustainable future.
We want to help build major new connections between the community relations sector and the environmental sustainability movement in Northern Ireland (and beyond).
We invite you to join us there!
The theme for this Open Space was created through the collaborative efforts of over 20 people on the 7th Generation Project Website.
OST Pathways 2009 Registration Form.doc
October OS Event Schedule.doc
Here's a couple of quick examples of others who will be there:
Dr. John Barry
- Assistant Director of the Queens University Sustainable World Institute.
The Psychological and Spiritual dimension of the transition away from unsustainability.
- TIDES Training Development Director
Conflict Management in a Changing Climate - Dialogue for Peaceful Change
– Cultivate Learning & Resource Centre (Powerdown Course Creator)
Transition Towns – A Path into the Future?
More about OPEN SPACE TECHNOLOGY –
Open Space Technology offers a new paradigm regarding theory, practice, terminology and approach for conflict resolution, organizational development, organizational transformation and facilitation. Based on Chaos Theory, the Theory of the Self Organizing System and the Concept of Complex Adaptive Systems, Open Space Technology stands out from and surpasses all other approaches in the realm of transformation. It is particularly characterized by the “invisibility” of the facilitator, the absence of a prefixed agenda, its apparent lack of structure and control, its welcoming of both conflict and surprise and its reliance on the individual’s responsibility and participation based on passion. In fact, Open Space Technology meetings turn out to be very structured and controlled – by the people involved. In this way they meet the needs of the participants infinitely better than any pre-planning could ever achieve. Open Space unleashes all the potential of groups and systems.
See this attached PDF: [What_is_OS.pdf
] for more on open space or visit www.openspaceworld.org
The Open Space makes the following commitment to you:
1. Every issue that you care about will be on the agenda for discussion, if you choose to put it there.
2. All issues will receive as full discussion as you choose to give them.
3. You will receive a written record of the discussions and recommendations.
4. We will identify immediate next steps for all of the most important issues and any other issues that we wish to pursue.
Contact Matt Scrimgeour for booking information:
Phone: (+44) 07765465325